If you own shares in a limited company, it is likely that at some stage you will want to know their value. The need for a valuation can arise in circumstances including:
- purchase or sale of shares
- restructuring of share ownership within a company involving the company purchasing its own shares
- capital gains tax calculations on a gift or termination of an interest in a trust
- shareholder disputes
- shareholder retirements
- for inventory purposes
- inheritance tax planning or valuations
- in matrimonial separations or disputes.
At Dickson Middleton in Stirling, Bonnybridge and Auchterarder, we will fully discuss your requirements before preparing your valuation report.
Where appropriate, we can negotiate on your behalf on share valuation issues with third parties, including HM Revenue & Customs.
For more information about Dickson Middleton’s accountancy, tax advice and business support services in Stirling, Bonnybridge and Auchterarder, please contact us.